Firefox bookmarks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Where do these get stored by default?

Firefox has got corrupted on my home PC, and I think it am going to have to uninstall it. So I want to make a copy of my existing bookmarks first.

Irritatingly I use Foxmarks to back up all the bookmarks on my laptop, but never got round to installing it on the PC.

Carwash

Señor Member
http://support.mozilla.com/sv-SE/kb/Backing+up+your+information

This tells you where all your bookmarks, preferences, etc are saved. Very useful for what you want to do.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Dannyg said:
Where do these get stored by default?

Firefox has got corrupted on my home PC, and I think it am going to have to uninstall it. So I want to make a copy of my existing bookmarks first.

Irritatingly I use Foxmarks to back up all the bookmarks on my laptop, but never got round to installing it on the PC.

Doesn't Foxmarks store an online backup, so all you need to do is re-install Firefox, install the Foxmarks plugin and sync with the online backup...

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Hairy Jock said:
Doesn't Foxmarks store an online backup, so all you need to do is re-install Firefox, install the Foxmarks plugin and sync with the online backup...
It does, but I hadn't got round to installing it on my PC yet ;)

derall

Guru
Hairy Jock said:

FEBE extension does similar, storing a back-up on your local drive, not just of your bookmarks, but all your extensions, plugins, preferences, passwords, themes, cookies, permissions and search plug-ins. Put the back-up wherever you keep your normal back-ups (assuming you do keep back-ups...:angry:) Should your system crash just re-install Firefox and the FEBE extension and you can then quickly restore everything in Firefox back to its previous state with a single click.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
click bookmarks-organise bookmarks
export as a html file from your laptop, send via mail
open on your home pc after installing new FF

Done it many times

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Steve Austin said:

Done it many times
Unfortunately Firefox has become corrupted, so I can't open it at all.

derall - thanks for the tip about FEBE. I'll certainly look at that once I get Firefox up and running again.

derall

Guru
It has saved me much frustration in re-installing on a couple of occasions. I may have exaggerated in the "with a single click" :biggrin: but it has certainly proved the most timesaving of all the extension I use :evil:

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

I use this so my favourite bookmarks and stuff are on multiple computers and it's free.

It saves a file which you can use time and time again.Quite easy to use.

Steve Austin said:

Done it many times

Must admit this is probably easier.:sad:

As far as I can see this only backs bookmarks up and nothing else like passwords to websites which can be protected by a password protected file.

Top Bottom