Fireworks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's some special celebration day for the town I'm currently living in (Yangzhou) and we've just has a real good firework display which I enjoyed so much. Are there any others on here that like fireworks or do you find them boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abchandler

Ooooooooh! Aaaaaaaaaaah!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I always go along the Thames at new years eve for the fireworks and also Battersea park for bonfire night.

domtyler

Über Member
dan_bo said:
chuffing hate them- and so does the dog.

Miserable git!

If you get to see one of the expensive, modern, choreographed, computer controlled displays, set to good music that has been done really, really well then it is a truly magical experience.

Blue

Legendary Member
I love big fireworks displays and the one night a year when everyone has a go.

I hate the arsew;pes who set off one or two fireworks every night from early September and don't stop until about December.

I watched an amazing display launched from a floating platform in a Swiss lake twenty odd years ago, the lake was completely still so the whole affair was mirrored off the water. Stunning.

Not so stunning is the muppet who lets off 100+ firecrackers at around three am in a local back garden several times over the firework season.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Love 'em - just have to make sure the cats are in - have about 6 weeks of ensuring the cats are in early in Autumn - they all huddle under the dining table !

domtyler said:
Miserable git!

If you get to see one of the expensive, modern, choreographed, computer controlled displays, set to good music that has been done really, really well then it is a truly magical experience.

Totally agree - if they get the timing right, it's terrific to watch. Big displays are the future - I can do without the local backyard variety, let alone the twits who chuck 'em about in the streets.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
one of the best ones i've seen is the display that traditionally ends the edinburgh festival. always set to music (a live orchestra), you can pay a lot for a ticket for princes street gardens, or do as the locals do and go watch it in inverleith park for nowt (but take a dram or two, it gets chilly).

Top Bottom