First 10 mile TT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have taken the plunge and entered my first 10 mile TT next weekend. I would be very grateful for any advice for a new starter at this discipline. Any tips please? (apart from get your head down and go as quick as you can!)

I will not have any tri bars for next week, no other special gear - but looking forward to a new challenge.

As a novice, will I be one of the first ones to start?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Harrier said:
get your head down and go as quick as you can!

That's enough to be getting started with.

Good luck.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
But I'll add warm up beforehand, and do a hard effort in the warmup so when you start it won't come as too much of a shock.

Leave a couple hours between eating and starting.

You'll probably get an early start time- I don't enter many open events but all the ones I have done a start sheet is emailed out beforehand.

yenrod

Harrier said:
I have taken the plunge and entered my first 10 mile TT next weekend. I would be very grateful for any advice for a new starter at this discipline. Any tips please? (apart from get your head down and go as quick as you can!)

I will not have any tri bars for next week, no other special gear - but looking forward to a new challenge.

As a novice, will I be one of the first ones to start?

Just go for it - should be the most amazing half and hour youve ever lived thru ! ;)

Top Bottom