1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First 100 mile week!!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by WindyRob, 20 Apr 2008.

1. Just logged my ride for today on cyclogs and noticed that this is the first week this year that i have done over 100 miles :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

and whats more tomorrow i get to go and pick up my new commuting bike: the frame on the one i was using broke, Orbea agreed to replace it but i didn't want to have a race frame as my commute bike. So i brought a Thorn Brevet frame and my LBS has moved the kit from the old bike across to the Thorn frame.

All i need to do now is sell the new orbea frame to pay for the Thorn :sad: if anyone would like to buy one of these in red retail is £450, it'll go on to fleabay once i get the frame home and photograph it (unless of course i get an offer on it before :smile:;)):
    [​IMG]

Thus today I am a happy bunny:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Windy

2. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Well done, there's something better sounding about a century ride or weeks worth of rides making 100 miles. I'm not doing that high thesedays though as my commute is short and fed up of the weather.

3. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Good for you on the 100 miles Rob :wacko: :tongue:. Was it Windy for you ;)

4. OP
    OP
    WindyRob

WindyRob Senior Member

it depends upon what i've eaten and drunk the night before :biggrin:;)

Really class ride today out to denmead, lovedean and then up onto Old Winchester Hill, bit of a north easterly blowing! but clear skys and warm sunshine for most of the route: http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/botley/88237351

It's a real privilege to be able to ride in this sort of countryside :angry::biggrin:

Windy

5. longers

longers Veteran

It is nice round there, I've visited Bishops Waltham a few times. Nice cycling country.

6. Milo

Milo Veteran

GOod for you not got out much this week myself weathers gone rubbish.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Which Thorn are you getting, Windy. They are still one of the bike makers I like and my Brevet is still going strong when I'm back in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. OP
    OP
    WindyRob

WindyRob Senior Member

I already have a cyclosportif and the bike i pick up tomorrow is a Brevet frame with my old gear put on it. i wanted a more relaxed bike to use for the daily commute.

Windy

9. did my first 100 mile day on sat.
    i'm still sleepy, and have dents in the palms of my hands from the handlebars :biggrin: