first 20 miles eek

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

well, know you have lots fo these topics but i joined a bike riding group last night and did 20 miles without stopping,may not seem like much to many but was a big achievment. never done that amount before espeically all the hills they went up. hwoever my lesg are so so sore, muscles seriously aching please tell me it gets easier. however i have also decided to get a road bike!!! my hybrid just isnt cutting the mark anymore.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It gets easier:smile:

potsy

Rambler
sarahpink said:
well, know you have lots fo these topics but i joined a bike riding group last night and did 20 miles without stopping,may not seem like much to many but was a big achievment. never done that amount before espeically all the hills they went up. hwoever my lesg are so so sore, muscles seriously aching please tell me it gets easier. however i have also decided to get a road bike!!! my hybrid just isnt cutting the mark anymore.
And so it begins N+1:biggrin:

Jacqui

That is great . I did my first over 30 yesterday the last bit involved riding round the local estate about 6 times as I was determined not to go home having done less.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done to you too Jacqui.. this cycling lark is addictive isn't it?

Jacqui said:
That is great . I did my first over 30 yesterday the last bit involved riding round the local estate about 6 times as I was determined not to go home having done less.

rh100

How long have you been riding for? That sounds like a great achievement.

The soreness does go after a while, it used to really hurt for me the day after a big ride, now I just get tired legs for a while afterwards.

Keep it up.

OP
OP
sarahpink

sarahpink

rh100 said:
How long have you been riding for? That sounds like a great achievement.

The soreness does go after a while, it used to really hurt for me the day after a big ride, now I just get tired legs for a while afterwards.

Keep it up.

thanks, only really been riding for about a month. man i hope the sore ness does go lol

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Well done. I thinkdoing your first 20 is the biggest milestone.After that its just pushing it a bit further until within a year you will be looking at a 100.

Just do some gentle rides for a few days to recover then see how the next one goes.

I bought a roadbike after about 6 months of riding but still get a lot of fun out of the hybrid as well riding on tracks etc that the roadie couldnt do ,

battered

Guru
Excellent, well done. It does get easier and you'll notice your thighs getting firmer after a few weeks. Now that's nothing to complain about is it?

Top Bottom