First 50 mile ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyklon

Well done Freestyler! I was doing 50-60 miles on my hybrid at around 15 mph! In May I got myself a road bike and the improvement was instantanious. I've done a 90 mile sportive and regularly do rides between 60-80 miles no problem! You must make the transition to the road bike and a pair of clipless shoes!!! Where abouts in leafy Cheshire are you?

Cyclist33

And conversely I was doing 30-50 milers on my road bike last year but am now doing 50-75s on my flat bar after selling the roadie! Plus my avg speeds improved tho I put that down to being fitter.

Still n all, haven't ridden for three weeks now so I imagine I'm back to square one :sad:

Stu

Davehateshills

I thought that I had done my first 50 mile ride the other day however when I got back and uploaded my smart phone it was only 48.9miles! Oh well, there is always next week! :ohmy:

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Well done chap,
I've got my first fifty coming up on the Bredon Hill Bikeaway on the 21st October. Well actually it's 49, but adding on the 4 miles to get to the start I reckon it counts. 14.5 is a good speed too. I did a near 45 up and over the Malvern Hills a couple of weeks ago at 13.76 mph, with a stop for refuelling at The Nag's Head. A really enjoyable ride out too.

Cyclist33

Well done chap,
I've got my first fifty coming up on the Bredon Hill Bikeaway on the 21st October. Well actually it's 49, but adding on the 4 miles to get to the start I reckon it counts. 14.5 is a good speed too. I did a near 45 up and over the Malvern Hills a couple of weeks ago at 13.76 mph, with a stop for refuelling at The Nag's Head. A really enjoyable ride out too.

Is that the pub at the foot of british camp?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Well done !

after the 50 miler comes the next challenge.... quite a short step up to 100km (62 miles)
But after a metric century, you have to do an imperial century - you are British aren't you?
and then the metric double century is only a little further
and so on
and on and on

Don't follow this progression
Don't get involved with audax
Don't ask me how I know this ^_^

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
And conversely I was doing 30-50 milers on my road bike last year but am now doing 50-75s on my flat bar after selling the roadie! Plus my avg speeds improved tho I put that down to being fitter.

Still n all, haven't ridden for three weeks now so I imagine I'm back to square one :sad:

Stu
I was off for 4 weeks and still managed a 26 miler which surprised me that I hadn't lost too much fitnees, you may be pleasantly surprised.:bicycle:

Top Bottom