First 50!

Chrisc

Über Member
Location
Huddersfield
First 50 miler!

First fifty miler this morning! 3 hours for the trip and 3000ft of hills. What a sticky bugfest! Pleased to say no knee trouble either.

Surprised not to run out of energy after only having the usual brekky, but grabbed two cans of coke at garages en route, it might be psychological but it felt like rocket fuel once it got into my system.
Now tho I'm officially knackered and deserve a beer! :sad:
 
Well done Chrisc, enjoy that beer!
 

tmcd35

Active Member
Location
Norfolk
Well done! I think the hills are more impressive than the distance - thats a fair bit of climbing there. (I'm from Norfolk, a speed bump is a major climb here :laugh:)
 

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Location
South Wales
Best bit was to hear the knees arent complaining.

I know I couldnt do a hilly fifty in 3 hours(probably struggle to do a fairly flat fifty in 3 to be honest)


Full fat coke definitely gives you a boost, especially on a hot day.

Bet the beer tasted good :-)
 

jimboalee

New Member
Location
Solihull
Banjo said:
Best bit was to hear the knees arent complaining.

I know I couldnt do a hilly fifty in 3 hours(probably struggle to do a fairly flat fifty in 3 to be honest)


Full fat coke definitely gives you a boost, especially on a hot day.

Bet the beer tasted good :-)
"Full fat" coke has FOURTEEN teaspoons of sugar in each 330 ml can.

The calories in the beer will go straight into the blood, and any carb food eaten with it will go straight to the belly overhang..
 

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Location
South Wales
i wouldnt use cans of coke (or any sugary drink) on a regular basis but on a long hard ride perhaps on a hot day would a can every few hours do you any real harm?

On longer rides I forget abouit weight management in favour of whatever will help get me through the day.
 
Banjo said:
i wouldnt use cans of coke (or any sugary drink) on a regular basis but on a long hard ride perhaps on a hot day would a can every few hours do you any real harm?
I wouldn't eathier but I was surprised when I went to the Vuelta last year a lot of pros were drinking the stuff (or was that liquidised EPO, cleverly diguised!) on the mountain stages. :rolleyes:
 
OP
Chrisc

Chrisc

Über Member
Location
Huddersfield
jimboalee said:
"Full fat" coke has FOURTEEN teaspoons of sugar in each 330 ml can.

The calories in the beer will go straight into the blood, and any carb food eaten with it will go straight to the belly overhang..
That's the first coke I've drunk in many years, in fact, the first carbonated pop drink as well come to think but it hit the spot. Does all that sugar go to the muscles?

The beer, well I do like a beer but I no longer have a belly overhang! ;)
 
Top Bottom