First 50

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KevinG

I know, these posts appear all the time, but I was really pleased to have completed my first major milestone today. :biggrin:

Charity ride organised in Berks, Bucks and Oxon, I completed 50 miles in 3 and a half hours, with just a short stop at around 25 mile mark for a drink.

Legs feeling it now the elation has subsided :smile:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Congrats its a great feeling to complete something you've never achived before .. well done

Now onto the next milestone (they there to be broken) :smile:

KevinG said:
I know, these posts appear all the time, but I was really pleased to have completed my first major milestone today. :biggrin:

Charity ride organised in Berks, Bucks and Oxon, I completed 50 miles in 3 and a half hours, with just a short stop at around 25 mile mark for a drink.
And you should feel pleased, congrats too:bravo:

IIRC the average distance cycled per annum by an adult was 43 miles, you done more than that in one day :smile:

Jmetz

good stuff, did my first 30, 40 and 50 last week, had this weekend off, planning a good one tomorrow :becool:

everyone needs a cycle computer, having the distances and speeds to hand motivates me ten-fold

OP
OP
K

KevinG

Thanks all.

Today really showed me how fast others are. I've not been 100% this week just gone due to a chest infection and maybe could have been a bit faster but probably not by much.

I know I'm fairly new to all this, but I was the first out of the gate this morning with everyone else behind me and couldn't hold on to that position for long before being overtaken. Enjoyable though it was!

I'm sure an increase in speed will come but its amazing how fast others are.

StuartG

slower but further
Doing something for the first time is very special. Especially if a few months ago it would seem impossible. The really great news is there are far more of the same satisfying experiences ahead.

If you have done 50 then you have already worked out that 62.5 is do-able. Just needs a bit of a rest and a good route. That's the magic 100km of course.

The further you go, the further you can push on ... as long as you keep your speed modest you can get to the stage when you can just keep going. Its a great feeling. Well apart from a in a very special man place :evil:

Congratulations Kevin. The most I've ever done is 15 miles but by August I'll have done the Great North Bike Ride. Next week will be my first 20 miles. I'll be chuffed with that, then a 30 and a 40. Considering a bike mileometer thing myself. Anyone have any thoughts about them?

battered

Guru
A bike computer is a great thing. Just don't be hypnotised by the thing. When you've done you have time spent rolling, max spped, distance, etc. You can also store total distance , reset it annually or when you wish, it's a great thing to have.

Top Bottom