First 60 miler of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Over the winter I have limited myself to 25 mile loops, about 3 or 4 times a week. Today i did a 60 mile ride in 3 h30 minutes...and I did it on just a small bowl of porridge and a spoon of honey...oh and a bike:biggrin:

Although it was beautiful day, blue sies and sunshine, I felt cold even with full longs on and three layers under my jacket.

Hopefully th eweathe rwill stay like this and get better and I can increase the rides from now on....I need to be able to do 100km a day minimum with a full 4 pannier camping load by th esummer.

...days like these though I miss the Bianchi Via nirone I don't have..still...:smile:

If you can do 60 miles in 3hr30min then 100km in a full day should be no problem. Allow yourself another 3 hours riding for the final 2.2 miles and you can stop for another bowl of porridge.

btw Well done; not bad at this time of year for a man of our size.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...thankyou. Sounds easy but i dont think i could ride another hour at the moment let alone three....my arse and legs ache see...warm shower, cuppa and food are whats needed now...
...I am going to need to learn to pace myself a little better I think...'cps i'm knackered at the moment:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Good effort BTFB :smile:. If you keep plugging away you will soon have your longerdistanceability up and running.

ash68

good effort on the 60 miles BTFB, been a lovely day here in northumberland as well. Just so happened to have a day's holiday booked for today. So out and about on the bike was top priority. Blue skies, sunshine, calm day... Bliss... Just a pity it wasn't a tad warmer. still can't complain getting a day like this in mid Feb.:smile:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Thats a pretty good time. I did 68.5 miles on Sunday with a group in 4 hours and a few seconds. There were some big hills though, and we stopped at a cafe somewhere for beans on toast. I couldnt do it on just a bowl of porridge and some honey.The weather made things alot nicer.

RedBike

You do realise that 100km is roughly 62miles?

You were only 2miles short!, Under 10 mins at that pace!

Abitrary

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...days like these though I miss the Bianchi Via nirone I don't have..still...:smile:

mate, forget about the bike. You current bike is your wife. Your lover. Your feeder. Dont give up on her now.

Going off with that Bianchi, I can assure you, will be a fun ride for about a week, but sting you in the long run.

Just get some new wheels or something for your current one. Treat her.

Top Bottom