first avatar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I received an email with an attachment from a C+ forumer, grimpeur, and saved it to my computer (or wherever it is). But shrink pictures say that they can't process the image!
I'll ask a friend to help out, although if you have a solution (that I'm able to successfully execute) I'll be grateful.
Thanks

longers

Legendary Member
See below.

OldSeagul

Dayvo said:
Fack it!
I'll go face-less! :?: :?:

If you have Windows XP, you will have a program called Paint [Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint]. Load photo [File, Open], then adjust size of photo [Image, Stretch/Skew] by percentages and save each attempt [File, Save-As] as a Jpeg until you get to below the maximum size - open the file you are saving the photo's in and place your cursor over the photo to see its size.

Mr Phoebus

Dayvo said:
I received an email with an attachment from a C+ forumer, grimpeur, and saved it to my computer (or wherever it is). But shrink pictures say that they can't process the image!
I'll ask a friend to help out, although if you have a solution (that I'm able to successfully execute) I'll be grateful.
Thanks

Is the image a JPG, or a GIF?,(which is what you want) sounds to me like your using a BMP or another format that wont work.

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry for mocking you Davyo - I got lucky obviously.

Tacka mycket. :?: Boken har ankom och ser god emot läsa. Jag har fik et par bokna avvara om du någonsin blick lik löpande ute.

OldSeagul said:
Dayvo said:
Fack it!
I'll go face-less! :?: :?:

If you have Windows XP, you will have a program called Paint [Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint]. Load photo [File, Open], then adjust size of photo [Image, Stretch/Skew] by percentages and save each attempt [File, Save-As] as a Jpeg until you get to below the maximum size - open the file you are saving the photo's in and place your cursor over the photo to see its size.

OldSeagul!
Very good pedagogic instructions, let's see if this idiot managed it!

longers! Glad that you received the book. I couldn't help myself and bought Matt Rendell's book about Marco Pantani at the airport today! I'll be advertising it before long. Mind you, there's a LOT of books I still want to read so hopefully you (either singular or plural) can help out and send me some! Vi ses, kompis! :sad:

longers

Legendary Member
Steve Austin said:
what is it?

is it on your pc?
is it on line?

She's a one man bitch - sorry steve you'll have to look elsewhere.

Edited twice to make sense since I stupidly changed my sig instead of replying. and I didn't even mean to edit this. It should have been "See Below" from earlier. I'd best leave well alone now and do something else eh? I'm probably still giddy from getting a picture into an avatar. :?: :?:

longers said:
Sorry for mocking you Davyo - I got lucky obviously.

After all your mis-edits, longers, a book title comes to mind! To Kill a Mocking Bird, not that I wish you any bad luck, of course; I'm too muddled (jet-lag, two hours from Stansted to Stockholm, and a bottle of red wine) to think coherently! :?: :?:

longers

Legendary Member
I've got an excuse too.

Had my first jazz woodbine for many a long month tonight.
:?:

Might have another. :?:

Top Bottom