First bike ride tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
Well done first steps are the hardest but give it a few more rides and you will be hooked. I have only recently started back in October and already I can see and feel the benefits of the exercise. It great you also have a cycling buddy makes for a more interesting ride.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Brilliant Daryn and great photos :okay: Hopefully the first ride of many!

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Welcome to the new world..!
After reading the comments is not much I could say about the new world that is waiting for you out there..
Congrats on getting out and from my experience with health I can tell you that you are going the right way..
I am not as young as you are..(younger) but I was sharing the unhealthy life style as well... Also had/have knee problems and the bike is the best medicine for mine.. Actually hurts more when I spend time off the bike.. after a few days of not riding gets stiff and hurts..
Wishing you all the best and keep up the good work..! You will love it even more soon..!

OP
OP
Daryn

Daryn

Yesterday after having a heavy nightout for the wifes Birthday on Saturday I decided to go for a walk and covered 7.4miles Im getting good at this keep fit stuff lol then I got a call today from the BIL asking me to go out on the bike, I wasnt expecting that at all and a small ride ended up being an epic ride well at least I thought so.

Again no land speed record but Im proud of what I accomplished today and never thought I would cover soooooo much distance

We set off from Marsden South Shields

bikeri10.jpg

Boarded the ferry across the river Tyne to North Shields

p1000016.jpg

p1000017.jpg

p1000018.jpg

p1000020.jpg

p1000021.jpg

A view of South Shields Groyne (lighthouse) from North Shields just before the North Pier

p1000022.jpg

p1000023.jpg

A view of the South Pier in South Shields from the North side
p1000024.jpg

The North Pier

p1000025.jpg

Tynemouth Village, supposed to be a good night out.

p1000026.jpg

Tynemouth Priory

p1000028.jpg

These are just scenic shots from St Marys lighthouse

p1000030.jpg

p1000031.jpg

p1000032.jpg

p1000033.jpg

On the way back I got a shot of the Spanish City in Whitley Bay, I used to love going here when I was a kid but now its Fairground has gone and they have built a road straight through it although they are renovating the building itself.

p1000034.jpg

Anyway by this time I was too knackered to even get the camera out of the bag lol.

Attachments

• bikeride 2.JPG
    bikeride 2.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Yorksman

7.4 miles in under an hour not a record I know but massive accomplishment for me. I have a couple of photos not as many as I wanted but a few.

That's more than your local St. Bede ever did. I don't think he ever left Jarrow.

OP
OP
Daryn

Daryn

hahaha your right their lol

Yorksman

You might be overdoing it, especially in this weather. You can hardly get warm.

Nice to see the Spanish City is still there. I used to live 5 mins walk away in Monkseaton when I was a student in Newcastle. I thought it was a strange sort of set up. I think it was used in an episode of Vera last year.

OP
OP
Daryn

Daryn

Thats right I live across the road from it. I actually recorded a couple of videos of the Marsden beach area including the Grotto bar and the Leas to Souter Lighthouse area. TBH its a fantastic area for walking and cycling.

This one is not the best quality it was taken on a cheap camera

We get some great concerts in one of the parks as well. 10cc in the Bents Park 2014

I done a review on my travel site with photos of the parks beaches etc if anyone is interested.

http://majorcaforum.forumsmotion.com/t3330-south-shields-my-home-town

Top Bottom