First Clipless outing.....tough !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
WobblyBob

WobblyBob

Well just a little update on my SPD pedal problems, basically after advice from here (thanks for that) i heightened the seat a few cm's & i also adjusted my cleats to as far back towards the midfoot as they would go, i've dome 2 rides since the other day yesterday did a little 14 mile loop yesterday & did 45 miles this morning with a couple of pals & i'm finding them alot better, no calf pain at all which was my main concern as that was the reason i gave up running.
Obviously i had to clip/unclip plenty of times today & seem to be getting used to that aswell, so basically i'm very pleased i made the change :thumbsup:

Devonshiredave

Thanks for this thread WB, I'm in Tahoes and have decided to go with the Shimano M530 pedal once I've got used to my new bike. I'll be able to use this experience to help me get set up. How are you finding clipping in/out?

NickJ95GB

i've never understood why they're called clipless. it implies there are no clips!
and i tend to use just after my heel to pedal, may upgrade if i see a cheap set.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
i've never understood why they're called clipless. it implies there are no clips!
and i tend to use just after my heel to pedal, may upgrade if i see a cheap set.

They are called clipless because there isn't a visible toe clip - before Shimano introduced SPD's most serious cyclists used toe clip and straps.

Top Bottom