First clipless ride - big improvement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

caimg

Über Member
I just got back from an hour out on the road, first time clipless vibes. I have to say, I didn't find it entirely comfortable setting off from lights (had a semi-fall and couldn't get the shoe to do anything but scramble over the pedals before clipping in to start with!) but all in all it felt so much more efficient.

As evidence, I've just uploaded my GPX file to Strava. Previously, my PB on the regents park loop was 9:19 with an average speed of 28.4km/h. Today...8:13 at 32.2 km/h! I can't believe I've managed to shave off over a minute! I'm sure a part of this was the extra placebo effect of feeling good with new gear but clipless must have helped with that improvement too?

Anyway, interesting first ride out...just have to get used to the left-foot-toe-flick-and-in now :tongue:

Fubar

Guru
Well done - did a double-take when I saw your average speed, before realising it was kph not mph! You will have the odd "moment" but it'll soon become second-nature.

OP
OP
caimg

caimg

Über Member
Well done - did a double-take when I saw your average speed, before realising it was kph not mph! You will have the odd "moment" but it'll soon become second-nature.

I wish it had been mph! Cheers matey :thumbsup:

musa

Über Member
Well done mate, I can't unclip right foot at traffic lights, brain is too slow to react and I end up topping over. It becomes easy after a while

OP
OP
caimg

caimg

Über Member
Well done mate, I can't unclip right foot at traffic lights, brain is too slow to react and I end up topping over. It becomes easy after a while

Hahaha yeah it was the right side with me when I was out too! Ended up resorting to just unclipping the left and dragging it along the road so I didn't keep committing comic suicide!

musa

Über Member
Hahaha yeah it was the right side with me when I was out too! Ended up resorting to just unclipping the left and dragging it along the road so I didn't keep committing comic suicide!

yeah same, left foot for me

Top Bottom