First clipless ride.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
First clipless ride today.:thumbsup:
Didn't bother with riding around the garden on grass to start off just went straight on the road......
Loved it,felt completely natural. Amazing difference......
Wish I'd have done it years ago ...

Massive shout out to CC members 'Michaelt' and 'Gez73' for getting me there,top blokes and owe you both big time :bravo:

stephen.rooke

yep clipless is the way to go, makes you feel more connected to the bike and definitely makes it safer n the wet. on my old bike with flat pedals my feet kept slipping off.what pedals etc did you get

It's strange how quickly you get used to them...just wait for a few months down the line when you get on a bike without them...first time I went back to my old mountain bike I kept twisting my foot to release even though it had flat pedals!!!

Michaelt

First clipless ride today.:thumbsup:
Didn't bother with riding around the garden on grass to start off just went straight on the road......

^ Good, thats how its supposed to be done, none of this practicing lark!! :laugh: I didn't fall off the first time and thought i had cracked it, the second time i totally forgot and fell off in front of a row of cars!!

Loved it,felt completely natural. Amazing difference......
Wish I'd have done it years ago ...

Massive shout out to CC members 'Michaelt' and 'Gez73' for getting me there,top blokes and owe you both big time :bravo:

Glad to have helped a fellow CCer. :thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Excellent news. We only went clipless about 3 weeks ago and just love it. So much better than rat-traps. I am going to have to ride my old BSO soon, from a friends house to home. I am not looking forward to it, it seems so unsafe to just have flat pedals now.
Brave to go straight on the road, I had a practice first before going out on our road, just to make sure that I was happy about unclipping in a hurry.

Top Bottom