First commute!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Cano

First time commute to work last night at 5pm and home again this morning at 8am.
Jesus the roads are dangerous at these times !! You really got to be alert

trampyjoe

Wakes you up a bit doesn't it :biggrin:

Jdratcliffe

mmm things to watch out for
-peds
-potholes
-taxis
-HGVs
-birds
-manhole covers
-drains
-mopeds that think their cycles
- joggers
-do or die cyclists
-ninja cyclists
just a few of the things you need a eye and eye for but dont let that put you off love my commute its my 2me time" and gives me head space to just think about the ride ( and there's alot to think about!) but once the roads open up and the traffic clears ( i have a few stretches) its bliss per bliss!!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done on your first commute! :thumbsup:
I don't like rush hour either, fortunately don't have many 9 to 5 shifts.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well done on your first commute! :thumbsup:
I don't like rush hour either, fortunately don't have many 9 to 5 shifts.
Whats a 9-5 shift ?
I finish at 5 am on nights , is that close ?
Well done Tony, keep it up and enjoy it !!
Remember not to ride to close to the gutter as all the debris is there and it encourages drivers to squeeze past you.

Fubar

Guru
First time commute to work last night at 5pm and home again this morning at 8am.
Jesus the roads are dangerous at these times !! You really got to be alert

Well done on your first commute though! How many miles? Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Tony Cano

Tony Cano

Well done on your first commute though! How many miles? Regards, Mark
It's just over 10miles although I might change the route to get away from the heavy traffic! The journey last night at 5 wasn't overly bad but the return journey this morning at 8 was a pig.
Not sure if it was tiredness kicking in but it did feel like there was a lot more traffic and they were not too happy having to round me.

Fubar

Guru
It's just over 10miles although I might change the route to get away from the heavy traffic! The journey last night at 5 wasn't overly bad but the return journey this morning at 8 was a pig.
Not sure if it was tiredness kicking in but it did feel like there was a lot more traffic and they were not too happy having to round me.

Drivers get really impatient with cyclists at rush hour times, I'm lucky that I can wait until after 9am to head to work if I choose. It may be that your tiredness made you feel more vulnerable, though that will get better in time once you are used to the journey. Good Luck!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Do change your route if you can. I do so the rare times I have to ride at rush hour, while, at 6 am ... :dance:

Top Bottom