First commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funkidunc

Normally I drive through Leeds on the way to work but recently I bought a Spesh Secteur so decided to use it to a) save petrol money and :biggrin: save going to and forking out for the gym. Its a twelve mile one way journey.

Got up this morning and it was raining but I thought bugger the rain I'll give it a go. Even though I got very wet I enjoyed it immensely. Only took 50mins going along the A65 which is comparative to my car journey. Enjoyed passing the traffic on Kirkstall Rd.

Even got talking to a nice chap on an MTB which was nice:smile:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
funkidunc said:
Even though I got very wet I enjoyed it immensely.

That's a good start! nice one.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Superb! Well done! I started late Autumn through last years end of year rubbish weather. Best thing that could have happened and I now cycle in all weathers although the snow did best me.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
HaloJ said:
Superb! Well done! I started late Autumn through last years end of year rubbish weather. Best thing that could have happened and I now cycle in all weathers although the snow did best me.

The snow bested me in january, I nearly came off many times with slides that would be best suited to dirt biking.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
funkidunc said:
Normally I drive through Leeds on the way to work but recently I bought a Spesh Secteur so decided to use it to a) save petrol money and :angry: save going to and forking out for the gym. Its a twelve mile one way journey.

Got up this morning and it was raining but I thought bugger the rain I'll give it a go. Even though I got very wet I enjoyed it immensely. Only took 50mins going along the A65 which is comparative to my car journey. Enjoyed passing the traffic on Kirkstall Rd.

Even got talking to a nice chap on an MTB which was nice:smile:

Hi Funkidunc and Welcome.

Well played for ignoring the rain, I'm really glad you enjoyed the first ride...it'll make the rest even more enjoyable.

and all at the same speed as a car, see, now what could be better.

:ohmy:

It's very easy to get put off starting by the slightest thing. So respect for just getting on & doing it. Now you just need to forget to stop doing it.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Funkydunc - You must come from the Guiseley /Yeadon area. It's a lovely ride coming in from that way. I ride from Shipley to South Morley. Also 12 miles.

Cycling beats car any day. Keep it up.

OP
OP
F

funkidunc

Moodyman said:
Funkydunc - You must come from the Guiseley /Yeadon area. It's a lovely ride coming in from that way. I ride from Shipley to South Morley. Also 12 miles.

Cycling beats car any day. Keep it up.

Thank you guys for all your kind comments, I really appreciate it.

Yes I live in Guiseley, it helps that the commute down into Leeds is fairly downhill:laugh:. Lovely rides round here though

NigC

Good to see the rain didn't put you off. Not so sure I'd agree with it being fun to ride in the rain though, but each to their own :angel:

Now just try and keep up the commute on a daily basis :biggrin:

Top Bottom