First commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Well after months in the planning I finally plumped for my commuter bike on Saturday and did my first 9 mile run into work this morning. Enjoyed it in the main even though I was riding into a hurricane most of the way and some to$$er decided to cut me up at a busy junction. Took me 40 minutes which I was pleased about especially as there's a couple of enforced de-mounts to get through gates etc

Route is mainly busy A roads 'til about 3 miles from work then I join the Trans Pennine Trail. This gives me a naughty hill just before I arrive which I really struggled up this morning but that will get easier. I plan to commute in twice a week in the decent weather plus a gym session twice a week in my quest to lose a couple of stone in weight.

Think I am gonna like commuting. Even if I do feel like I have been rodgered by a Stegasorus at the moment :wacko::biggrin:.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice one, that's impressive for a first commute!!

@gaz - see, ass hatchet.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Well done ! Sounds like a nice ride.
You might plan on doing it twice a week now, but i wouldn't mind betting it'll end up as 4 or 5 !

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Superb! Well done! Keep it up. No doubt as upsidedown says you'll say oh I'll do it a couple of days and end up doing all 5 but don't forget you do need your rest days not matter how fun it is.

Keith Oates

Janner
Well done paulq, the ride will get easier with time and increased fitness. No doubt it won't be long before your saying 'I wish I started this a few years ago'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Thanks for the encouraging words folks. Am going to try and vary the route a bit each day I ride in as that will keep my interest. I've also spotted a rather nice hostelry on the riverbank which on nice days may be worthy of a slight detour....especially as Fridays is a planned ride day.

:smile:

Top Bottom