First day at school!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Friend of mine has just started her young one at nursery, which is on the same site as the Birmingham QE Hospital.
Plan is to take her in on the first day, and then go and have a drink at Costa Coffee in the hospital itself. As they are used to customers bursting into tears there. She won't feel out-of-place.

Do you communicate by signs?

Hope she's had a good day; I'm sure you've worked out ways of communicating with her even though she can't talk - and she'll let you know how it was.
And yes, you're being a typical "my child's first day at school" parent. Been there, done that (twice!).

Her understanding of communication is very limited, she'll point to things she needs but is very good with routines so if we say shoes, she'll sit down ready for them to be put on and if I say bedtime, she'll walk over to mum and her brother for a kiss and then make her way upstairs.

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all of the people that have seen me through today...it's made a real difference and reminds me why I love to be part of this forum :smile:

ScotiaLass

Guru
As already said; she'll be with caring people and I'm sure she will have a great time in school :smile:
My son can communicate (Aspergers) and has a fantastic key worker, who I can email or call anytime.
He has really grown since being there the past 3 years, which is something I would never have thought possible.
Hang in there, she'll amaze you every day :smile:

Top Bottom