School governors -experience and opinions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Location
Widnes
Hi all

As some of you know - I used to be a teacher
mostly Secondary but ended up with about 4 years in a local Primary

Anyway - just seen a Facebook post on the local thread saying they are looking for School Governors

which has made me wonder if I should/could do it

and how much trouble it would be

any comments/opinions/thoughts??

Thanks
 

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Go for it. As a professional teacher you should be vastly more qualified than the host of politically motivated amateur child-development cranks that I have seen trying to mess about with my children's education over many years. You might even get a lot of pupils coming to school by bike — other forms of healthy transport also exist, but never neglect the healthy body. Good luck.
 
OP
OP
E
Location
Widnes
Bit more

When I left there it was because the New temporary Head was totally ignoring me

After that they went through several Heads and then became an Academy

Since I left I have met several people who used to work there and they all say it is terrible there

but maybe that is a reason to do it
 
Top Bottom