First decent ride complete (Complete Agony!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never done a charity ride but done a few charity walks. Used to do the Keswick to Barrow one (only 40 miles) each year. There's some steep hills such as red Bank and the hill down to Elterwater. However it was the hill down to Dalton that burst my blisters so loudly I heard as well as felt them.

And it was the steep downhill lead in to Barrow that really used to finish me off. So near the end that you can't give up but I'm never quite sure I'll get past it. Always do and sub 9 hour for a walker not a runner is not too shabby.

So I know the pain of what is a real challenge to you is. We're all different. I know there's some riders on here who consider 30 miles nothing. I am not one of those. There's many like me who respect someone new to recumbents taking part and completing it for charity. Having just tried my new recumbent on hills I can say it's hard. I've learnt there is such a thing as recumbent legs. I think you're getting yours. Well done FF

OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
Well done! Iam too slow to do anything like that.

Many Thanks for the Kind Words - makes such a wonderful change from some other forums!

@Lanky : My average speed was around 10 mph and I was nowhere near the last rider to finish but there were MANY much older riders in front of me!
For a charity event my advise would be to just do it!*

But make sure you have ridden the FULL distance at least, before doing so.

Cheers - Frank

Top Bottom