First duathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Did my first sprint duathlon yesterday, loved it. Could have been quicker in the transitions but it was my first so a learning experience.

fimm

Veteran
I was going to post and ask how you got on - I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I was racing the Standard and didn't have a good race - 1st run was fine, bike started slow and then I had a mechanical at about 10km in and <edits out long tale of woe> so hammered the 2nd run. That run course was very muddy by the time those of us at the back of the Standard field got on to it - I'm not entirely joking when I say I wished I'd had my trail shoes!

fimm

Veteran
Woman from our running club had a slip in that mucky section and got absolutely caked :-)
Sprint or Standard? I was chatting to a woman in the changing room afterwards who'd been down and got very muddy. I've raced on that course before and don't remember it getting cut up like that - I guess we were just unlucky with the weather. Ironically I did a cross-country race elsewhere on the campus earlier in the year, when it had been very dry and there was hardly any mud at all!

Garry A

Calibrating.....
She did the sprint. She also managed to crash her bike last Sat doing the Wee Tri at Fort William. Seems like poor route planning to me.

fimm

Veteran
She did the sprint. She also managed to crash her bike last Sat doing the Wee Tri at Fort William. Seems like poor route planning to me.
Poor route planning by your clubmate or the organisers? As I say, I've raced there before - they've been doing events with the same run route for many years there, so I do think it was just one of those things...

Top Bottom