first ebay bid...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Wait until last minute and only then bid you maximum. Don't bid whole numbers, if you max is £ 10.00 bid something like £ 10.78 Quite a few people will bid just over say £ 10.01 so by bidding an unusual figure will often give you a better chance

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Tactics: bid once, bid your maximum, bid within 10 seconds of the close. Or use auctionstealer.com to do it for you.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Auctionstealer is free indefinitely - tho' you have to pay if you want more than three 'goes' a week.

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
it is telling me to bid at least £82.00, so anything above that. what i am prepared to bid using auctionstealer? i have done so and await my first win!!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
On any given auction, at any given time, ebay will tell you what you need to bid if you want to be top-bidder. The thing to do is avoid all that hurly-burly by deciding at the outset what's the maximum you're prepared to pay, then setting up auctionstealer accordingly. Then you can forget all about it, knowing you will either win - paying no more than is necessary to beat the next highest bidder - or lose, to someone who was willing to pay more than you.

Either way, good luck!

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
ty all for your help, i now have a better understanding, it has all changed since i first signed up and i have never bid before as you can tell :blush:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've never used auctionstealer or any of the other cheat programmes. Much prefer to use my stealth and cunning to win the prize;).
I enjoy waiting to see if I've been outbid or put my highest bid in with only a few seconds to go and see if I can outwit the opposition.
Only went wrong once when the line dropped and missed out by my bid not going on:sad:.

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
second point then. i have a paypal account on a dormant bank account so i put the money into the bank account and the transfer to the seller, will it become obvious how to do this i assume i will recieve an email?

4F

guitarpete247 said:
I've never used auctionstealer or any of the other cheat programmes. Much prefer to use my stealth and cunning to win the prize;).
I enjoy waiting to see if I've been outbid or put my highest bid in with only a few seconds to go and see if I can outwit the opposition.
Only went wrong once when the line dropped and missed out by my bid not going on:sad:.

That's my method as well, I have managed once to bid within 1 second of the auction closing but that was more luck as my screen froze.

Usually I try to get within 5 seconds of the end and have had a lot of success this way. £ 20 for a concrete mixer which I used and then put back on and sold for £ 87 being my best to date.

4F

mr Mag00 said:
second point then. i have a paypal account on a dormant bank account so i put the money into the bank account and the transfer to the seller, will it become obvious how to do this i assume i will recieve an email?

You can either use paypal through a bank account or via a debit or credit card. Once you have won and you click "make payment" there will be a link which will take you to the paypal site

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
this auction finishes whilst i am out. but i have already put some bids in yesterday before i knew about the maximum bid system, oh well :blush:

4F

You can still bid now up to your maximum bid and this will only kick in if anyone else bids over your last maximum.

Top Bottom