First ever 10 miler.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gaz Vickers

I know its not far for some people, But i just monstered my first ever 10 mile Bike ride. and i felt fine when i got home.
http://app.strava.com/rides/21334576
Well happy for myself, Sunday mornings are by far the best time for a bike ride. Any way just thought i'd share my progress.^_^
Anyway now got to go and buy birthday presents for my little mans 1st birthday tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone. :thumbsup:

DeepBurn

Über Member
Well done. I too have recently been doing a 10 mile loop near home and it's a great feeling.

Now my plan is to add miles and more hills into my routine and hopefully shift some of this excess weight thats been, errr, weighing me down for too long!!! ^_^

Paul H

Well done Gaz.

I'm planning to do my first 10 mile ride in the next week...I'll be posting a thread if I do :-)

Splendid stuff Gaz :bravo:

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Well done. I too have recently been doing a 10 mile loop near home and it's a great feeling.

Now my plan is to add miles and more hills into my routine and hopefully shift some of this excess weight thats been, errr, weighing me down for too long!!! ^_^
I know that feeling...lol
Well done.
A P.B. on the section Sudden to Springfield Climb as well,
Yes, the climb felt a little easier this time. :thumbsup:
Well done Gaz, now you've gotta do that with a trailer and kids ;)
hhahaha No chance! lol

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

Just to update, Last night my mate came along for a ride, inspired by my cycling recently, so as it was his first cycle ride in a long time we decided to hit the Canal Tow Path, although it was very wet and the Tow path full of quite a few unsavoury type folk. We managed an incredible 14 miles! I will admit i thought it was too easy for me, but at least my mate enjoyed it. It was a very slow gentle ride. Here are the stats for anyone interested.
http://app.strava.com/rides/21532206
I must admit the more get out on the Bike the more i love it! p.s, Lycra Bib-shorts in the rain are a godsend!
Have a good day,
Gary.

Top Bottom