First ever commute!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Well now i'm back from Uni for the summer, working in a warehouse just 4 miles away I have decided to take the plunge and cycle to work. I work a night shift (10-6) so the light is fine at the moment, though I will use lights just incase...

I'm an agency worker and therefore should not get a locker, though when I explained why I would like one (to store bike shoes and helmet during shift and work gear so I don't need to lug it in and out every day) the managers were surprisingly supportive. They have pilled some strings and managed to get me one, which is good news. It seems they are keen to get people cycling to work, which ha gone against my preconceived views on warehouse workers.

So now when I come across any dodgy driving I can come and rant on this section of the forums...:cheers:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Good. Warehouses can be more supportive of people cycling to work than you might expect because it suits them - no more broken down cars or excuses about the bus that never came.

c2c

redredrobin
darkstar said:
Well now i'm back from Uni for the summer, working in a warehouse just 4 miles away I have decided to take the plunge and cycle to work. I work a night shift (10-6) so the light is fine at the moment, though I will use lights just incase...

I'm an agency worker and therefore should not get a locker, though when I explained why I would like one (to store bike shoes and helmet during shift and work gear so I don't need to lug it in and out every day) the managers were surprisingly supportive. They have pilled some strings and managed to get me one, which is good news. It seems they are keen to get people cycling to work, which ha gone against my preconceived views on warehouse workers.

So now when I come across any dodgy driving I can come and rant on this section of the forums...:cheers:

fair play to you mate, keep it up, cycling is one of the very few things that is win win. you save money, AND it does you good. happy days innit.

Top Bottom