First fall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnym

Had my first fall today on way home from work. I now know the roundabouts with a diesel spillage make front wheels very slippy.

Was turning right at roundabout and bike just went from underneath me, I'm chewing Tarmac watching my six week old cube go bouncing along the road :-(. Minor scratches to me and bike. Roundabout was covered in diesel and even slippy to walk on

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Glad you are OK, it could have been much worse.

Chalk it up to experience, although you'll be less confident for a week or two. The first off is always upsetting.

Mine was due to a pheasant....I still don't have a good word to say about them:angry:

Not sure if it makes me a pheasant plucker! :becool:

OP
OP
J

Johnym

Took my time after that. Im more upset about the scratches to my bike than me, broke my rear light too.

Must say that two car drivers got out too make sure I was ok, I was surprised about that.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Glad you're o.k. As for the bike, well falling on the right side can be expensive, but if all your derailleur/chain ring etc have survived then at least you've got off lightly 'financially'. I've slowed right down on turns since my fall a few weeks ago.

Hopefully your scratches will polish out with a bit of T-cut.

OP
OP
J

Johnym

All seems ok on bike, had 12 mile still to ride. Derailleur is scratched but still in working order. Just annoyed with myself that I didn't spot the spillage and avoid the inevitable.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Diesel spills.... it's up there as one of the cyclists worst nightmares.
Hard to see until you are sliding on the stuff.

Top Bottom