First fixie / single speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jusxusfanatic

First fixie / single speed

New to the biking community, and I want a fixie / single speed just for riding along the streets and going to places. Nothing above 300pounds would be the best. I'm currently looking at the vikign fx 700x and want some better suggestions, for example more colourful and cooler looking ones, and with drop bars. Thanks :smile:

broady

Veteran
I've had a fair few fixie bikes and really like the Langster that I have now. Think it's rrp is £575, but they often come up second hand.
I ride fixed with both brakes still fitted to mine, as it's drop bar and I like riding on the hoods.
Keep an eye on the for sale section on here as well as the normal places or even put a wanted post up on the classified section

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Only ever had one single speed it was a DMR Wrath, it was a pump/dirt bike but used it as a commuter for a couple of years. Not sure if they still sell them or not but I paid £260 from Chain Reaction Cycles not the lightest of bikes but bomb proof!

broady

Veteran
My trike, go-kart and first bike were all fixed gear when I was a small child, so I don't think they require much more skill than any other bike.
I would recommend riding with two brakes and keeping the speed down a little bit initially.
I love riding mine

Tin Pot

Guru
Wiggle have the cheapest I have seen, an Eastway.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eastway-single-speed-1/

Gives you £100 left to spend on accessories, clothing and safety.

I've had a fair few fixie bikes and really like the Langster that I have now. Think it's rrp is £575, but they often come up second hand.
I ride fixed with both brakes still fitted to mine, as it's drop bar and I like riding on the hoods.
Keep an eye on the for sale section on here as well as the normal places or even put a wanted post up on the classified section
Langsters are great bikes, the Ford Mondeo of the fixie world, but they work well.

Top Bottom