First flat in two decades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
Would love to know what your typical annual mileage has been during this incredible puncture free period?

The tight tyre problem you have had is a symptom of modern rims which seem to be manufactured to a tubeless ready spec regardless of the buyer wanting tubeless or not! Strange really as I would expect a tyre of that size to almost fall off the rim and definitely not require tyre levers.

I cycle a varied tyre and surface combination throughout the year but probably only suffer 2 or 3 punctures a year tops and most of them are due to pinching an MTB tyre when off-road.

In excess of 2000 miles in the last twelve months, 1000+ the year before, before that about 15 years in the low to mid 100s and before that 1000+ again. Pre-2000 it would have been comfortably in the 1000s per year but I did used to get quite a few punctures then

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
I had 3 punctures last week. I cannot remember the one before that.

It must be the season for them.

Don't be saying that! Means I have another 2 to endure...

keithmac

Guru
I had my first puncture in 10+ years earlier in the week.

Couldn't find anything in the tyre and a dose of Slime For Tubes has sorted it out for the time being.

Roadrat77

You've never actually experienced changing a tyre until you've attempted to replace the tube on a 10" diameter fishing trolley wheel - I have it on good authority that the Marquis De Sade was heavily involved in their design and personally oversaw the initial production run - they are virtually impossible to remove.

tyred

Legendary Member
You've never actually experienced changing a tyre until you've attempted to replace the tube on a 10" diameter fishing trolley wheel - I have it on good authority that the Marquis De Sade was heavily involved in their design and personally oversaw the initial production run - they are virtually impossible to remove.

I had a huge fight with a 4" tyre on a little trolley thing that my Mum uses to move things in the garden :cursing:

ricknmorty28

I had the same issue the other week, there must be something in the air! I found this great website they offer bike maintenance but they also have some great videos to watch for free on how to fix anything to do with your tyres, I managed to fix mine, their called cycle maintenance. Hopefully this helped, good luck with your tyres :smile:

Top Bottom