First long leisure ride of the year.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday I went out for a bit of a bimble from Lyme to Bristol via Glastonbury and the Mendip hills.

I was about half way to Crewkerne when I realised I'd forgotten to pack a puncture repair kit, pump etc; I didn't feel like going back home so carried on. I got to Glastonbuy in about 3 hours and stopped for a mooch round town. I also picked up a couple of bottles of Thriller cappuccino porter by Glastonbury Ales to have at the end of the day. Whenever I go out for a long bike ride I like to try and get some bottles of locally brewed ale as a treat at the end of the day.

I then made my way to Wells where the P fairy got revenge; serves me right for being a nobber and forgetting to brig the right equipment with me. A quick visit to a nice friendly LBS and a few minutes sorting my bike out and I was on my way again.

It was a bit of a slog up to the Mendips where I managed to get slightly, and happily, lost, before bimbling down the other side and into Bristol near the Clifton area. I was cycling along a cycle path under Clifton Suspension Bridge and got too close to the railings.I ended up coming off my bike and badly twisting thering finger on my left hand. Being the nutter that I am I decided to cycle across Clifton Suspension Bridge a couple of times before cycling to Bristol Royal Infirmary.

3 X-rays were taken, one of which clearly showed the finger bone has been broken; it looked like the bone has 2 breaks in it. They put a soft plaster cast on it (Which comes almost down to my elbow.) and sent me on my merry way. I made my way to Temple Meads statin and got the train home. When I got home I had a Vindaloo and the 2 bottles of Cppuccino Porter for tea. The Porter is very nice indeed; the cappuccino is just strong enough to taste but not too strong. I'd definitely recommened it.

So all in all an enjoyable day for the most part. The down side is that I'm not able to cycle for a little while which means I won't be able to attempt the 140 mile bike ride I was planning for Monday :cry: I've got a morning appointment at Dorchester fracture unit next Wednesday. I'm hoping they'll take this cast off and put some kind of finger splint on; I hate having a cast with a passion.

P.S. Who ordered the cloud cover for yesterday? Yesterday seemed to be the cloudiest day of the week :angry:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
all in all sounds like you had a busy day , hope you are back on bike soon

Top Bottom