First One This year.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Had a great ride this morning, down to the Heart of the Shires and the Darlington Tea Rooms, 63 very enjoyable miles covered. Went out to the bike this afternoon to check the rear hub, I have been having minor problems with the hub this year, and noticed a large thorn in the rear tyre. It was obvious that as soon as I pulled it out the tyre was gong down, and it did. That was the first puncture this year, the first time something had got through the bontrager racelight hardcases I brought in January from here http://www.allterrai...uct/119612.html the last puncture was a couple of days after xmas when I still had a gator skin on my fixed. I started trying the hardcase tyres in October when I brought one to try on my fixed, then in January I brought three more and went completely over to them. The one on the back of my fixed hasn't been disturbed since I put it on there, its getting a bit cut up now so I'm going to change it before the winter.

longers

Legendary Member
I like those tyres too for similar reasons and they're great value.

A couple of years ago I picked up a piece of hawthorn cutting in my front tyre about 4 miles from work and knew if I pulled it out I'd have to fix it. It was about an inch long with the thorn sticking out sideways and into the tyre.
It was very hypnotic watching it with every revolution getting a bit smaller each time and wondering if I'd get to work without stopping.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

I like those tyres too for similar reasons and they're great value.

A couple of years ago I picked up a piece of hawthorn cutting in my front tyre about 4 miles from work and knew if I pulled it out I'd have to fix it. It was about an inch long with the thorn sticking out sideways and into the tyre.
It was very hypnotic watching it with every revolution getting a bit smaller each time and wondering if I'd get to work without stopping.

This one was large and in to the hilt but when I came to repair the tube it had barely penetrated, I had trouble finding the tiny pin hole it had made in the tube.

Top Bottom