First post / Cycling nutrition / Bike recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drewstewart

This is my first post, so please don’t grill me too hard! I still don’t have a road bike (currently on a fixed gear and also have a track bike for the velodrome where I’m level 4 accredited), but I’m looking to get one soon!

I’m interesting in looking a little further into nutrition around cycling, and building upon my undergraduate dissertation (based on sustainability and cycling communities), I’ve compiled a little survey so I can get some basic information and see if it’s anything worth looking into. There’s the benefit of winning a £10 Wiggle voucher too, as the struggle of getting adequate responses for my dissertation research was very real!

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HCZCYLX

In the meantime, what road bike would anyone suggest as a first ride? (preferably sub £600-700) I may also have the added benefit of making use of my new (and first!) employer's cycle to work scheme.

Thanks,

Drew

Sharky

Guru
You sound as if you are already a competitive cyclist. I would go cheap on the commute bike and save your money towards a really good road or TT bike.

Top Bottom