First Post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveS

Hi all. First post here so just introducing myself. 65 years old, living in Suffolk, and still enjoying a love affair with SS that started when I was 14!
Back then I had a Viking 10 speed with Benelux gears. The gears were dreadful by today's standards, and quickly literally fell apart. Same thing was happening to my mates, and truth was, none of us had the cash, skills, or inclination to fix them, so we all moved to fixed. Never left, though I must say I swapped to SS a long time ago. Fixed is great, the best really, but also somewhat higher risk and also I think, a little limiting.
Currently I have 3 bkes, all SS. A full carbon Ridley that I don't much like, a highly treasured Bianchi that actually came with an eccentric bottom bracket, and a Specialized Allez which I bought this summer and is my current project.
My plan is for the Allez to be zero compromise but it's proving difficult. I can't get correct chain tension with any ring combination so have just bought an Exzentriker bottom bracket converter which should solve it. As long as it doesn't creak. I am ocd about noisy bikes LOL.
Over the next little while I will post up some pics and some details of each bike.
BTW, can I add pics directly uploaded to the forum or do I have to embed via a hosting service like Tinypic?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Welcome Dave.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi. Welcome to the forum :welcome: as rocky says, you have to make a certain number of posts before you can post photos i think.

Welcome. I too was riding a fixed wheel Viking round Suffolk roads in the mid-sixties. And today (when it stops raining) I will be riding a Bianchi!

Are there still pickles with tea at Rattlesden? Probably not.....

OP
OP
DaveS

DaveS

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Guess I need to build up some trust. Beautiful morning here so off to Xscape for a morning skiing then out on the bike this afternoon (after a walk round Evans of course).

Andrew1971

Veteran
Hi Dave
:welcome: to the forum hope you enjoy yur stay with us :smile:

Top Bottom