First puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mummy3monkeys

2780 miles travelled since I first took up cycling a year ago, and yesterday on the way to work, I had my first puncture, back tyre. I carried all the tools, but none of the know how to change it. :blush:

Walked the final two miles to work, I was sure I could figure it out, but would have taken me longer than to walk.
Husband picked me up, and today I had a lesson in how to change a puncture (he has had many). I wish I had two pairs of hands, but I'm sure when it happens again I will manage it.
But here's hoping another 2780 miles before the next puncture:blink:

13 rider

Guru
Doh !!! You've done well to last that long before a visit from the fairy . Always worth praticing removing the tyres before you need to do it for reel

OP
OP
Mummy3monkeys

Mummy3monkeys

Well inner tube replaced, and mile into ride next day it went again. On inspection yesterday, puncture in exact same place, despite me checking the rim. Frustrated, should have ridden 60 miles last week, managed 15.

Going to replace the tyres today, cos think might be worn. We are cannibalizing hubby 's old bike. Got a lot of miles to cycle this week, need it to be up to it. Plus I am getting serious withdrawal symptoms lol!!!!:laugh:

adamhearn

Veteran
Unless you're on really rough terrain, 2780 is not a lot of miles to wear out a tyre.

If the puncture is in the same please, make sure you've checked the tyre thoroughly - you may have something embedded in the tyre that only pushes into a tube when certain forces are applied. Bend/twist/fold the tyre and look for anything that could be an entry point.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mark the tyre inline with the valve before taking it off, then line up the tyre and tube to find what made the hole.

I've still yet to fix a tube by the side of the road, though I've done a handful over the years at home.

Top Bottom