First ride completed today

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Raging Squirrel, 22 Jul 2012.

1. Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel Well-Known Member

well, me and the girlfriend picked up our Boardman Hybrid's today. The guy in halfords was really good again and gave us really good service.

My girlfriend was very worried about being on the roads, but as soon as we got out on them she was fine, and we covered just over 9 miles back to my house, well happy with that!

The bikes are great and seem to power you down the road with the slightest effort. Gonna be getting up at 6am tomorrow for another ride before work, and maybe another in the evening if we think our legs can take it.

Not bad for a 25 stone bloke eh!

dave r likes this.
  2. Well done on your first ride and covering 9 miles which is a good distance for many people. Hope your legs don't ach too much tomorrow though!

Raging Squirrel likes this.
  3. GetAGrip

GetAGrip A cycling abnormally

Hey Hey, well done on today's ride and it looks like there are going to be many more to come!!
    This time next year it'll be.....
    ....... Not bad for a 215 stone bloke eh!

4. mark1974

mark1974 Active Member

well done to you and the other half keep it up dont stress over speed and distance enjoy cycling !!!

5. Nigelnaturist

Nigelnaturist Guru

Well done, thats more than I did on my first ride last month 8.53 miles.

6. OP
    OP
    Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel Well-Known Member

8.53 is still a great distance :smile:

7. Nigelnaturist

Nigelnaturist Guru

:cheers: But I reckon, once you have a few rides you will find it no distance, I am finding that now, I did 26 miles today at an avg 13.6 mph, not very fast I know but my first ride was at 9.3 mph, just keep at it, and ride as much as you can.

8. defy-one

defy-one Guest

Wish i could get my wife into cycling. As others have said,enjoy the rides and don't worry too much about speed or distance, they will all come.
    I started 3 months ago - saturday i managed 22 miles in and 22 miles out of London with my old heavy hybrid and rack laden with a ruscksack!!
    Doing the same monday morning

9. Nigelnaturist

Nigelnaturist Guru

Dito

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice