First ride for ages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vbc

Just wanted to say that I had my first proper ride since my big accident in late May. I've been doing the short commute (2.5 miles) to work on my hybrid since I started back in December but I'm still on reduced hours so I took the opportunity to make the most of this unseasonal weather and take out the Kaffenback for a run this afternoon.

Tried one of my usual summer evening routes, north of hear to Thornbury and back via the lanes and minor roads as much as possible. About 20ish miles I think in 1 hour 20 minutes and was surprised how well it went, better on the hills than I thought I'd be but I have lost a little weight. I'll try and do that at least once a week if the weather allows and see how I feel for the Exmouth Exodus!

OK, that should be 'First' in the title...excuse the brain damage!

Aren't bikes great! :smile:

andharwheel

Well done, sounds like you are well on the way to getting fit again. Dont underestimate the value of this small commute. Its exercise on a regular basis that is important.

OP
OP
V

vbc

Thanks Chuffy, what's wrong with my Kaff? Know what you mean though, my wife keeps calling it the Cappucino! Maybe I'll have my new Salsa built up for the EE, a nice red Primero.

vbc said:
Thanks Chuffy, what's wrong with my Kaff? Know what you mean though, my wife keeps calling it the Cappucino! Maybe I'll have my new Salsa built up for the EE, a nice red Primero.
The latest Kaffs are a pretty ropey colour aren't they? The blue ones were much nicer. :smile:
Salsa Primero? Don't bring it anywhere near me unless you have a rag to wipe the drool off with...:tongue::biggrin:

Top Bottom