First ride in 5 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toddmeister

Just back from my first ride since I suffered a slipped disc back in October. I used to do a lot of running and had only just started getting into cycling. Can't believe how unfit I've become. Only managed about 5 or 6 miles and was absolutely hanging out my @rse. Was almost throwing up when I got home lol

Been meaning to do some kind of fitness for a while but I guess the fear of doing my back again had put me off.

Anyway it's good to be back. Onwards & upwards

Drago

Legendary Member
Good luck, hope you get back in the groove swiftly.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well done for doing it.........the longer the wait the more difficult it gets (especially at my age :smile: )
I used to do a lot of running (up to half marathon distance) but suffered from a bad back for many years. Nowadays, simply jogging hurts too much.
I find cycling is fine though and managed to keep it up over winter.......albeit it much shorter rides.......as I know how difficult it is after a layoff.

U

User32269

The first few rides back hurt! Doesn't take long to get it back though. I had a big lay off a few years back, jumped on the bike to go to my parents, about 3 miles with a few slight uphill drags, felt like bike was made of lead!
You will soon be flying.

Top Bottom