First ride in many years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ant_j

I purchased my GT agressor xcr in feburary, first bike since i was a teenager (im 29 now) and last weekend went out for the first time!

My god.. I (only!) did 25 miles (3 hours), a mix of trail and road and was my bum sore.
My legs wernt too bad, but my cheeks for the next few days... :ohmy:

Cant wait to do it again, and push a bit furthur!

Am I taking on too much too soon, as my GF thinks?

Really need to get a cage and bottle too xx(

Cubist

Still wavin'
ant_j said:
I purchased my GT agressor xcr in feburary, first bike since i was a teenager (im 29 now) and last weekend went out for the first time!

My god.. I (only!) did 25 miles (3 hours), a mix of trail and road and was my bum sore.

Good grief, talk about baptism of fire. Yep, 25 miles was a bloody long way for a first ride in years! Well done, but, err, take it easy!B)

jethro10

Über Member
ant_j said:

I gave in and got a Madison Gel saddle. Revolutionised my cycling.
My first ride after billions of years, I was 48, was 4 miles and I couldn't hardly walk the next day!

Jeff

OliverAmoros

Instead of a bottle/cage... I've started using a bladder backpack (Dakine). Great for easy access and I tend to take a gulp more often. Can be a bugger to dry out once sterilised though.

Oli

Top Bottom