First ride = last ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lutonloony

Über Member
Hope the bike is ok

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Hope the bike is ok
It is, I checked. Possibly before checking on him ;-)
I was surprised he managed to break both, we're a uniquely gifted family :-) Seems he put both hands down to save himself, and the impact did the rest.
He's managing much better than we expected. In his breaking bad t shirt. Lol
FB_IMG_1459186925019.jpg

I did that to my right arm when I was just a wee lass, 7 or 8. Hurts like hell. I've had a couple more broken bones since, and the elbow was by far the worst, and it's still giving me problems.

When I broke my wrist about 40 years later, I had an amazing sense-memory, when I put my arm on the x-ray machine. That's when I "knew" my wrist wasn't broken, because I was remembering how much it hurt to arrange my elbow on the plate, and the wrist never hurt like that. On the other hand, every time I mentioned to my mum that it hurt, she made me take this nasty tasting medicine, so I stopped saying it hurt. So it hurt a lot, but not as bad as drinking something unpleasant.

Hope he doesn't find the next few weeks to frustrating and he's happy to get back on the bike when he can.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Youngest son has recently shown an interest in physical activity - he's 18, it's about time.
He's been running with mr6 a few times but isn't loving it, so he suggested a ride out instead.
He got half a mile from home, misjudged a kerb on the cycle path and ended up fracturing both elbows. :cry:
That's him strapped up for the next month. Poor lad can't even scratch his nose!
Yikes - GWS, son of Sandra! :eek:

[QUOTE 4215475, member: 76"]Aaah! I had a friend who did something similar in a motorbike accident. The biggest issue for him was wiping his derriere :whistle:[/QUOTE]
He could do what dogs do - drag it across the carpet? :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Poor lad. I damaged just one when I was only 10............TBH it gave me trouble till I was in my 20s. Hope he recovers quickly.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Seems he put both hands down to save himself, and the impact did the rest.

Ahhh... The classic radial head fracture, marvellous. Though having two is unlucky as people normally only put one arm out to save themselves.

I got one playing football when I tripped over the ball attempting a dragback. I didn't know what had happened, other than it hurt like hell. I went to Bromley Hospital, when it was still in Bromley, and they told me I was a liar and sent me off with paracetamol (apparently my "symptoms did not match what I was telling them about how it happened").

I found out weeks later when I took myself to Guy's Hospital's minor injuries unit and they X-rayed it. They said it was the first thing Bromley should have checked.

Anyway, aged rant over, hope the boy gets well soon and he's back in the saddle.

Top Bottom