First ride of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

usual 25 mile loop today...perfect weather, not to hot or cold, NO WIND!!....lot's of 'new' roadies out and about today which was good to see. Limited traffic and a general 'relaxed' feeling from motorists, two of which actually slowed down to let me go first at the roundabouts!!!....:smile::ohmy::ohmy:

...snow is forecast for Thursday here so i'm going to get as many miles in now as I can before the UK shuts down after the 1cm dusting:biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
usual 25 mile loop today...perfect weather, not to hot or cold, NO WIND!!....lot's of 'new' roadies out and about today which was good to see. Limited traffic and a general 'relaxed' feeling from motorists, two of which actually slowed down to let me go first at the roundabouts!!!....:smile::ohmy::ohmy:

...snow is forecast for Thursday here so i'm going to get as many miles in now as I can before the UK shuts down after the 1cm dusting:biggrin:

Thats the plan... Lead you in to a false sence of security...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My back tyre has worn through so I couldn't get out. That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it :smile:. So, the first ride of the new year will take place in a few minutes time on my trusty turbo trainer. Start the year as I mean to go on and all that. Which also implies no beer for me tonight :smile:!

wafflycat

Well, I went out & did my 10-mile time trial. On the plus side, I was not the slowest rider! Hurrah! Result! I even went under the hour! Double Hurrah!! :biggrin:

It was confirmed Nicole Cooke need not worry about being beaten by yours truly :smile:

wafflycat

As I said, your money is entirely safe. I did a 32:23, which I'm chuffed with as it's about 20 mintes faster than I expected to go. I spend my days on stately pootles around the lanes of East Anglia rather than going fast :biggrin:

I do, however, now have a PB for a 10! :smile:

I had great fun. Folk cheered me along which was lovely and much appreciated - and in keeping with the spirit of a new year's day TT. What was also nice was quite a few of the fast lot coming to see me at the end and saying well done to me along with encouragement for the future.

I am going to do more 10s throughout the year - not because of any illusions of being any good, just as part of trying to keep the flab off with an alternative to going to the gym (I loathe the gym, so a half-hour on the bike pushing hard will be equivalent to a hard gym session for me), and because it's fun to be on the bike.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
My ride today was good aswell. I did 25miles, and saw lots of other roadies out and about. Some of them i hadnt seen before, some i see more often.
It dried up as the ride went along though, but there was a mist/smoke about.

Fixedwheelnut

I lead our DA section on it's annual ride to New Years Wood at Letts Green :smile:
2155472690_02e0b257aa.jpg

and the rest of the mottley crew :-D
2155408348_997bc64918.jpg

We then retired to the nearby pub 'The Tally Ho' at Knockholt :biggrin:
Rest of the photo's here http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixedwheelnut/sets/72157603603367031/

The tree at Letts Green is nice FWNut. - not motley like the rest!:smile:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
For my ten miles ...
It was cold, it was raining, (later there was fog!), saw no other cyclists, a few dog walkers and a horse rider, loved it

Better than the the three puncutres off road a few day ago.

snorri

Legendary Member
Funny how the term "ride" had a meaning not at all connected with cycling in my teenage years, and I still have great difficulty associating it with cycling.
Anyway, I went out for a run on the bike this afternoon, covered 11.43 miles which prepared me admirably for a fine social evening later.:smile::smile::biggrin::smile:

Top Bottom