First ride on new Cyclo Cross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
Well i've had my 2nd hand Cyclo Cross bike a week now (Voodoo Limba) but have been working away until yesterday so today was the first chance to get to work using it.

What a difference compared to my heavy old MTB! Can't believe how smooth and quick it is and how much easier it is to cruise at a higher speed! It also feels more comfortable (although i didn't use the drops at all). The gears are also so much smoother and quick to change and it was a real pleasure to ride.

Have yet to fit my computer to it so i can't be sure how much faster i was but it felt significantly different, i was also able to keep up with traffic around junctions much easier so felt safer too.

:smile:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one Mike My old bike was a donkeys year old Raleigh MTB weighed a ton and brakes were pathetic. Didnt get ridden much.

After buying a hybrid for commuting then a roadie for fun I couldnt believe the difference now I do all my commuting and lots of other mileage by bike and feel unhappy when I have to go by car for any reason.

SonofSid

Did you get it off ebay? I was following an auction for the same model but cash flow issues (kids and mortgage!) prevented bidding....

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
SonofSid said:
Did you get it off ebay? I was following an auction for the same model but cash flow issues (kids and mortgage!) prevented bidding....

Yes is the answer to that one :biggrin:

jimboalee - do i detect a hint of sarcasm? ;) Went for a crosser as my commute can take me through some lovely heathland if i so wish..... Plus i can now sell my MTB as it's no longer needed.

Norm

jimboalee said:
How is it for stopping quick and lifting it over a 2 foot log?

Is it nice and light to carry up a muddy hillside?
:biggrin::laugh::biggrin:

Although I don't see an issue with referring to a bike as "cyclo-cross" without requiring it to be suitable for racing, any more than a road bike needs to be built to TdF spec or an MTB needs to be able to survive a 3 foot drop down a mountain.

It's about its suitability on different surfaces, which is about tyres, clearances, gearing etc, which sounds to me just what Mike was looking for. ;)

Top Bottom