First ride on new wheels, first 70!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Fitted a new pair of Shimano RS20s to my bike yesterday, so decided to give them a bit of exercise today.

Plan was to get the train from home in Largs to Glasgow, then ride down to Ayr using a route stolen from http://www.cycle-route.com/ , and then catch a train home (into the wind :rain:).

Well I did the ride from Glasgow through Newton Mearns, Waterside, Galston, Tarbolton, then found a wee road that took me round the east side of Prestwick airport. By that time the sun had come out and the wind had died down, so I decided to go and get the train at Kilwinning. At Kilwinning, decided to carry on to Ardrossan, then at Ardrossan it seemed a shame not to carry on home :shy:. By the time I got home I had done 70 miles.

My previous best in one day was 65 miles, and that was done in 1981. Bring on Pedal for Scotland (50 mile Glasgow to Edinburgh charity ride in September)! That 50 miles that seemed so daunting a few months ago is going to be a piece of cake. Ermm, as long as the wind is at my back; and it doesn't rain :laugh:.

Congrats,
Since you've smashed the 100km (62.137miles) barrier when will it be 100miles ;-)

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
HLaB said:
Congrats,
Since you've smashed the 100km (62.137miles) barrier when will it be 100miles ;-)

That's the next target! Don't know that it will happen any time soon. But you never know...... :laugh:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Coco said:
Well done. How far is it from Largs to Braehead? :laugh:

That would have been good, but unfortunately I'm working this weekend, and next, and the one after :shy:. The joys of 4 days on/4 off. The upside is I get days like today when the paths/wee roads are nice and quiet and I get them all to myself :rain:. Anyway, I don't think you guys would be impressed with my lack of pace; currently average about 12/13 mph but could probably do better with a bit of pushing from others!

Top Bottom