First ride this month - Headaches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went for a ride last night about 18:50 and the sun was rather low so I used my prescription sunglasses which helped me see better but after the ride and even now I have a headache. I seem to get headaches when ever I wear sunglasses, does anyone else get this and know what it is. the sunglasses are the same prescription as my normal glasses

as for the ride itself I did 5.15 miles in about 30 mins so nice and slow and I thought it would kill me (fitness wise) but it didn't must be all the walking I have done lately.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
No idea to be honest but if you've identified that you're getting headaches after wearing sunnies book an appointment with your optician.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I went for a ride last night about 18:50 and the sun was rather low so I used my prescription sunglasses which helped me see better but after the ride and even now I have a headache. I seem to get headaches when ever I wear sunglasses, does anyone else get this and know what it is. the sunglasses are the same prescription as my normal glasses

Just to clarify, do you suffer from the same type of headache whilst wearing the sunglasses when not riding?

OP
OP
terry_gardener

terry_gardener

Veteran
been to specsavers today and they have checked the prescription of the sunglasses and they where correct, they checked that they fitted and sat correctly and made some adjustments. went for another ride tonight to test them and had them on for about 20 mins and they didn't give me a headache so it must have been a fitting issue. which is weird because they didn't feel tight.

Top Bottom