First Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

Über Member
Well tonight have started to push myself, currently got a claud butler rock mtb, but will be getting a road bike sometime soon. I do commute but its only 1 mile each way, so tonight in the rain and dark I went out. Only out for 20 mins, but done 4 miles with average speed of 12.8 mph I think it was. Pretty happy with that for tonight. Looking forward to my next ride.

DaveyM

Über Member
We all started with the classic 4 miler :thumbsup:
Glad you enjoyed it and keep it up :bicycle:

mrbadexample

Well tonight have started to push myself, currently got a claud butler rock mtb, but will be getting a road bike sometime soon. I do commute but its only 1 mile each way, so tonight in the rain and dark I went out. Only out for 20 mins, but done 4 miles with average speed of 12.8 mph I think it was. Pretty happy with that for tonight. Looking forward to my next ride.

Dark. Rain. MTB. 4 miles @ 12.8mph. Sounds pretty good for a first go. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Daveym thank you for that. That is just how I needed it set out.

Really looking forward to next ride, may even be tonight if I can get out.

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Well, just checked my emails from work, and ive been told its not a scheme my company wants to sign up to. Does it cost the company anything at any time?

Gaz Vickers

Thats a very good start. Like me starting wit a mountain Bike. I've only been cycling 5-6 weeks and already being took on a 30 mile trip on Sunday.
I'd recommend sticking with you MTB until Spring then progress to being a full on Lycra clad Roadie. Thats my plan anyway! :laugh:

Motozulu

Über Member
I had an old, knackered, pig of a barracuda full suss MTB that my mates thought would be ok for my first ride - Follow the Dog at Cannock! (a red route) :ohmy: - Needless to say I did'nt finish the trail and was lucky I did'nt break my kneck. Instead of putting me off though it inspired me to go and get a proper HT and am now riding the trails every day I'm not at work. Well done and stick at it - I'm nearly a stone lighter than I was 6 months ago. :thumbsup:

Boon 51

Veteran
Thats the sort of mileage I did not that many weeks ago.. now I'm on 40 milers..
So good work and keep it up and your miles will get longer as you go.. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom