First ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam Harris

Regular
Hi guys.

Popped out for my first ever ride on my new bike today and wow. It's an all new experience. Can not believe how fast and easy it feels and how much more responsive it is then my hybrid I was using. I must say I did have a few wobbles but managed to save myself.
Only done around 10-15 miles and need to adjust the seat etc but can not wait till next time.

Just off to the LBS now to get some better gel gloves and maybe some overshoes as the feet got a little cold this morning.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi Adam.
Fantastic. Nice to hear. Very happy for you.
I wish you well and hope to hear from you again.
Take care

OP
OP
A

Adam Harris

Regular
I have got the cube agree GTC race. Really happy with it. As I said its a different kettle of fish from my hybrid so need to get used to it

What surprised me was how you use a different muscle in your thigh aswell.

simmi

Über Member
I have got the cube agree GTC race. Really happy with it. As I said its a different kettle of fish from my hybrid so need to get used to it

What surprised me was how you use a different muscle in your thigh aswell.
You didn't mess about then!

Yeah nice bike, not got a carbon yet myself but might think about one in the summer if the cycling bug is still biting as hard:thumbsup:

If you don't mind me asking why did you go for a cube over say a giant, trek or specialized have been having a sneaky look myself.

OP
OP
A

Adam Harris

Regular
Had a fit on a wilier and a few others Just found the cube a little more comfy. Also you get more for your money with the cube. Everything is branded and is of higher spec than the others for the same amount of money.

I did have a look at cheaper bikes but thought I'd go straight into a half decent bike.

Widge

Baldy Go
Great stuff, Adam.......AND you had the balls to buy a proper grown-up bike as well!!^_^

I bought a cheap one (just in case) :dry:

And now I love it! Luckily................I bought a GOOD cheap one!....otherwise-it could all have gone horribly wrong.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
My feet were freezing today too

Kookas

Über Member
I recommend some beastly walking boots, I have to be properly wading in cold water before my feet get cold. Thermal socks to be found in any local outdoor shop too, no doubt. Personally it's my hands that are the problem. Gloves are so easy to forget on the train.

OP
OP
A

Adam Harris

Regular
Went and brought some overshoes today so all should be fine on the next ride.

Just thought it would be cheaper in the long run to spend more on one bike than buy a cheap one then an expensive one once I got the bug

Top Bottom