First ride :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanB98

I went on my first country ride today and it was great! I planned to go around 30 miles but only did 22 miles as I actually took a wrong turning, didnt recognise where I was and turned back. According to my very dodgy maths, I averaged about 13mph which I know is heavily influenced by so many factors so there is no point in measuring that :P Other than that I went past some other cyclists most of which said hello on the opposite side of the road :smile: Chocolate break was great and cleaned my bike when I got home for good habits :smile: Hoping to go on another ride as soon as I can. Is it normal to have slight lower back ache? Do I need to adjust my position or anything? Thanks!

13 rider

Guru
I went on my first country ride today and it was great! I planned to go around 30 miles but only did 22 miles as I actually took a wrong turning, didnt recognise where I was and turned back. According to my very dodgy maths, I averaged about 13mph which I know is heavily influenced by so many factors so there is no point in measuring that :P Other than that I went past some other cyclists most of which said hello on the opposite side of the road :smile: Chocolate break was great and cleaned my bike when I got home for good habits :smile: Hoping to go on another ride as soon as I can. Is it normal to have slight lower back ache? Do I need to adjust my position or anything? Thanks!
Well done . If it's your first ride your back ache may be just because your back is not used to being in that position for that long . I would give it a few more rides to get used to riding and then see how you feel back wise before you start tinkering .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

well done you did 22 miles more than i did today

As @13 rider says try a few more rides first before doing adjustments to give your back a chance of being in that position

Slick

Guru
Well done, not bad for a first ride, mine was nowhere near as impressive. Keep an eye on the lower back pain, there are a lot of possible reasons for it, so as others have already said, give it a few more rides before trying to address it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Well done and congratulations. I bet youre buzzing now by you're achievement and rightly so. Onwards and upwards and good luck for your future rides.

OP
OP
R

RyanB98

Thanks for the kind messages. Ill be going out again tomorrow and will be going the right way! I google mapped it when I got home and saw which junction I took the wrong turn. Knowing my luck, I will take that junction just fine and then take another wrong turn at the next junction :biggrin:

I went on my first country ride today and it was great! Is it normal to have slight lower back ache? Do I need to adjust my position or anything? Thanks!
Nice one. A little bit of ache is only natural on a new pursuit but if it reoccurs you may need to adjust your position

Top Bottom