First Road bike advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cold

Hi I have a budget of about £700 -£750 for a new road bike which I plan to use for long rides at weekends.
I don't know very much about Road bikes so looking for any suggestions on what would be a good first bike for my budget.

e-rider

crappy member
you can get a decent Alu frame road bike with that money. If you want to join the MAMIL bunch look at Trek, Giant or Specialized brands.
The most important thing above all else is get one that fits well and will be comfortable on long rides (especially if you're age 40 or higher!).

Mike!

Guru
As a first road bike I'd echo the above, find a decent local shop where you can try a few and get one that fits you in the process

LutherB

See if they're selling any of last year models at a knockdown price too, get more bike for your buck

Eagone

you can get a decent Alu frame road bike with that money. If you want to join the MAMIL bunch look at Trek, Giant or Specialized brands.
The most important thing above all else is get one that fits well and will be comfortable on long rides (especially if you're age 40 or higher!).
Can I ask why if your 40 or higher?

OP
OP
C

Cold

Thanks for the replies I will go have a look round the bike shops this weekend.

Adam1965

Btwin/Decathlon have just announced this via Twitter, looks ok?
image.jpg

Top Bottom