First Road bike advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Edit , think before I type !
Does anyone own one of the high end BTwins ? I notice everyone raves about the cheaper models but never seen a recommendation when the thousands are getting spent .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Edit , think before I type !
Does anyone own one of the high end BTwins ? I notice everyone raves about the cheaper models but never seen a recommendation when the thousands are getting spent .
I believe the facet frames are based on a frame a pro team used to ride , french champ won on one in 2007 with a soft ride rather than stiff if i remember the review .
Found it although its a few years ago ....
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-btwin-facet-3-11-45041/
Only thing that holds the low end tribans back is the wheels .

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I guess it depends how you read the review . It didn't sound too good to me .
Absolutely agree Cuchilo - (quite often agree with Cyberknights posts too - but not this time).

"Dated" - "Soft" - "flexy" & '2007' - (which is a lifetime in development terms these days).

B Twin might offer VGVFM but they are still firmly routed to the budget end of the spectrum.
Not that this is an issue as long as that is what you want (and many happy owners do).

With a budget of £700 - £750 though the O.P should expect much more & for the best bang for buck could do no better than look to Cube - Giant - Boardman & Ribble for a really good sub £1k roadbike.

OP
OP
C

Cold

jack smith

Veteran
I've got the 2013 allez sport and it's excellent, I ride it everyday and it can handle the rough roads and tracks just fine but give it a nice smooth road out in the hills and it's in it's element, plus it's fully upgrade able if you so wish any questions on the allez feel free to ask :smile:

AndyRM

XOXO
You've seen the Bianchi Via Nirone, which is the only bike mentioned I've ridden (for three years).

If it fits and you like it then buy it. Cracking bike. Plus it's a bit different to the usual suspects you see, round these parts anyway.

I suppose a slight downside is that (assuming it's a Campagnolo specced machine, which it should be) tools and parts aren't quite as easily obtainable in the UK.

OP
OP
C

Cold

Got tomorrow off and going to look at some Cube bikes if I like them then I plan to get one this week.

Top Bottom