First road bike under £400.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
I'd also still be concerned about the size. I don't know how different the geometry is to the 2014 bike and it may be that you'd be fine on it, but for me, at a similar height to you, the 58 was too stretched.
Would you be planning on collecting it? if so could you see it first so you could check the size? Or perhaps have a bike shop nearby that does the Synapse that you could try?

OP
OP
J

JaAnTr

Unfortunately I wouldn't be collecting so couldn't try it and also don't have any bike shops nearby that have the Synapse.

OP
OP
J

JaAnTr

Managed to find a used red Triban 3 on eBay last night which is the bike I had wanted all along and the seller was happy to post it! One last thing, can anyone recommend a good, reasonably cheap helmet?

Thanks. ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
Helmets are a really individual thing as we all have different shaped heads. Get one that fits first and foremost, you'll need to buy in store most likely once tried on. If possible, get one that meets snell, (specialized), ANSI or cpsc standards rather than just EN. But fit and comfort are the main criteria

annirak

Veteran
I might be too late; I hope not. Have you looked at chain reaction's in house brand?

I got a Vitus Razor for £375 delivered. I'm very happy with it so far. It has a carbon fork, but just the Claris drive train. It came with a multi tool, pedal wrench, a handful of hex wrenches, a reflector set, a water bottle, and a bell.

All together, a nice package.

vickster

Legendary Member
Managed to find a used red Triban 3 on eBay last night which is the bike I had wanted all along and the seller was happy to post it! One last thing, can anyone recommend a good, reasonably cheap helmet?

Thanks. ^_^
If you have the money, this would be a cracking upgrade for the Triban as the stock wheels are cheese (and don't forget the Wiggle quidco cashback)...even comes with red tyres to match the bike :biggrin:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fulcrum-racing-7-clincher-wheelset-tyres-and-tube-bundle/

Top Bottom