First Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxon

Regular
Well after many weeks of testing various road bikes I finally went for a Giant Defy 2 road bike.

I’ve had the Giant for just over a week now and I must say I’m absolutely thrilled with everything about the bike, this is my very first road bike having been used to a Dawes hybrid for the last ten years, I’ve done a couple of twenty mile rides around south Wirral on the Giant in the last few days and the main things I’ve liked about the ride is the ease of use and the comfort of this machine.

I’ve definitely been bitten by the road cycle bug now, might even get myself a pair of them proper cycle shorts to give even more comfort as I venture further afield, by the way does anyone know a reasonably priced wireless cycle computer that would fit the Giant Defy 2 ?,

ps:- What a great forum this is for advice and motivation given by all you like minded people, it really has got me going in this amazing pastime.

thanks to everyone here
Cheers.

Nearly there

Veteran

Berties

Fast and careful!
if you get a pair of cycle shorts make sure you get the gel padded ones,don't get the padded under shorts the pair i had dissolved in 6 weeks,as they are designed for little distance,
the shorts really do aid to comfort on any length of time in the saddle,
to record my data i use endamondo works on any smart phone,i love it gives me the motivation i need,i wear it on a arm holder hear all the splits and times

Top Bottom