First signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
The pub at the end of the street has had a banner advertising their Christmas menu up for weeks, could even have been August.
I spotted my first pub “book your Christmas lunch“ banner early September.:sad:

a.twiddler

Veteran
The irony is, I only went in for some gardening stuff. The weather is still good, stuff is still growing, particularly weeds, and yet miraculously two aisles worth of stuff shrink to two small discounted shelves while "seasonal" stuff takes their place. A countdown system might be helpful to customers so they can stock up in advance. An aisle full of baubles is no help if you came in for some Roundup.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can understand that; I also find the whole business of presents, both finding them for others and receiving them, rather stressful.

It's over three months away yet, but I'm already dreading it!:sad: I think local councils should open up their town halls etc to let those who dread the event all gather and find comfort with fellow Christmas depressants.

It's over three months away yet, but I'm already dreading it!:sad: I think local councils should open up their town halls etc to let those who dread the event all gather and find comfort with fellow Christmas depressants.

Sounds much too sociable for me, but I can understand the idea: No decorations, normal meal, cooked together. variety of Netflix movies in different room, none of which have the word "Christmas" in the title.

Last edited:

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Photo taken at the beginning of this month.

PXL_20220903_193249992.jpg

Photo taken at the beginning of this month.

View attachment 661643

Do they think it'll be bigger by Christmas?

Top Bottom