First Snow of the Year.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I'm currently looking out of the office window and can see the first snow so far this year. It's a bit half-hearted, alternates with rain and is not sticking. Still it's nice to see that winter might be making an effort this year. (We are 1,800 ft up here BTW so it doesn't apply to all of Germany.)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It rarely gets cold enough down here for snow unfortunately - I like the odd day of chaos!

It can be found....
DSC00773.jpg

But you gotta look hard!!!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I can't wait for the first, probably the only snow we will get here. 1 inch and london and the home counties come to a standstill. It's great to cycle to work, passing all the numpties in their cars who have not learned to drive in the snow. I know it's not their fault because we don't get enough snow to practice, but they cannot do it.

U

User482

I've moved house twice since living in Bristol. The last time was the hottest July day ever recorded. The time before that was the first proper snowfall anyone could remember. Cue confused locals pointing at the white stuff, and driving their cars into each other. Getting the box van stuck wasn't fun...

Noodley

I got some snow when I was out for a ride on Sunday, between the Lecht and Glenshee.

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
twowheelsgood said:
Hey Andy, I'm not a million miles from you in zurich about 1000ft here no snow yet....

I wanna go skiing...

You're about the same distance from Konstanz as I am. Maybe we should round up any other forummers in this part of the world (Unkraut springs to mind) for a beer in said town in the summer.

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
And a quick snow update: it's really coming down now. Apparently there's some sort of big weather system which is going to dump loads of the stuff. It could be a good weekend for staying in.

snorri

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
(We are 1,800 ft up here BTW so it doesn't apply to all of Germany.)

I'm only 2 metres up, but saw it on the nearby hills this morning:sad:, but by the time I had cycled up towards the snow line, the snowline had gone.:blush::smile:

I was having a look on the Oberstdorf ski websites. There's snow already there but no skiing yet that I could see.

twowheelsgood

Andy in Sig said:
You're about the same distance from Konstanz as I am. Maybe we should round up any other forummers in this part of the world (Unkraut springs to mind) for a beer in said town in the summer.

That could be fun.

I'm seriously considering a trip to Austria this weekend for a very early ski.

Top Bottom